Sunday, October 23, 2011

Late Night Theme (The Badger Variations)

Earlier, rain patterned on the roof
Now
The storm has wandered off, bequeathing
Ozoned postscript
Electrified
Alert

Aural backdrop fades to
Icerink buzz and thump and yell of
Hockey stick on stick on
Ice
Adolescent expletives
Muttered imprecations with
Distressing lack of
Creativity

Here, within the white walls of the Salle
My life constricts to
Euphony, the
Patterned footwork of the
Lesson
Clash of blade
and
Pant of aging effort
Contrapuntal commentary on my progress
(Or the lack, thereof)

Here, my auditory world’s complete
A soundtrack scored to amplify my
Moods, my meaning
Voicing my ambitions
Chord my life

Here I can seek harmony within, without
Here I can conduct myself in concert with my hopes and dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment