Friday, March 18, 2011

Checklist

If I leave my foot
To putter
Pad and stutter,
Settle to its innate pace

If I sit,
Balanced on my backside
Tail knit, bum tucked
Muscles neatly coiled underneath

If I breathe
Scour the conduits
That focus power
Flush the tension from my bones

If I relax
Open chest, lifted heart
Shoulders butterflied across my back
Embodying fearless intent

If I firm my wrist
Fix my gaze,
Follow through
Let my touches
Land themselves (as they know how)

If I can master mustering these “ifs”
Then maybe
, maybe, this won’t be so bad

2 comments:

  1. And above all enjoy the thrill of the moment and revel in the intimate joy of body and purpose united.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo, Beth,
    Your blog has always been such a pleasure to read. I am passing along the One Lovely Day Award. Please go to my blog at http://threadsandtraces.blogspot.com/ for details and to pick up your award. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete